Tuesday, February 16, 2010

ABOUT ME & OUR HERITAGE

I WANT TO PROVIDE DETAILS IN MY BLOG ABOUT OUR HERITAGE.. WHAT OUR VEDIC SCRIPTURES STATING TO LEAD GOOD LIFE. AS AM IN SEARCH OF THE SAME, AM ABLE TO GET VERY USEFUL INFORMATION FOR ALL OF US TO LEAD HEALTHY LIFE AT ALL LEVELS.. I.E. PHYSICALLY, MENTALLY & SPIRITUALLY.

I am Samavedam Satyanarasimha Sarma. I feel lucky to born in the hereditory of Samavedam. All my ancestors are scholars in vedic literature. I heard that in olden times, one of our ancestor played Samavedam on Veena and then this Samavedam hereditory started.

As far as my knowledge is concerned, my Grand Father Sri Appala Narasimha Sastry is a great upasaka of Lord Sri Rama and spent his entire life as a saint. He left his body by meditating on Rama. He has 2 sons and 2 sisters. Am 3rd (yougest) son to his second son Sri Ramamurty Sarma. My father worked as Pandit in Govt. school teaching Sanskrit & Telugu. He wrote many religious books. Entire Ramayana translated as Padyakavyam viz. Srimadabhishtada Rama Charitam. His favorite God is Lord Subramanya. He has writeen many stotrams, satakams and translated many books in Tohara which is a singing passage.

I learnt Sanskrit under guidance of my father. Really its my luck to know sanskrit. I used to hear Puranas from my father and learnt depth of our vedic culture.

As I am meeting with many people in such line, I observed that some organisations preaching that Dhyana is sufficient and not required any other rituals. Some other says that good deeds are enough and not required to worship to God. All they are quoting the lines from our Vedas/Puranas which are confusing the common man. Mainly in Andhra, worship is related only for ladies. Gents may sit ocassionally for Vinayaka Chaviti, Satyanarayana Vratam etc. Moreover they support their deeds and criticise others who are following the path waved by the ancestors.

What it may be our heritage, in common, all are required to lead peaceful life without any problems. They may seek God only for that purpose.

Presently am working as Manager in an export company at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment